6.06.2014

must try diy

After a few days of crafting (and being unplugged from the computer), I am ready to share the DIY projects I mentioned in last week's "Week in Review" post...


nail polish-painted bangles (inspired by this project)thread-wrapped bangles (inspired by this project)
Both of these projects were super simple, albeit a little time-consuming, but I just love how the bracelets turned out. They will be the perfect addition to my summer wardrobe!



woven paintbrush holder (supplies: embroidery thread & this candle holder)
When I bought some new paintbrushes last week, I also wanted a new paintbrush holder to put them in. I visited a few stores but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I knew I'd have to get creative. As I was passing through the patio section at Target, I discovered this cute little perforated candle holder and was immediately inspired. To spruce things up, I decided to use some of my leftover embroidery thread to make a simple woven design all the way around... So what do you think?! Now that it's done, I will say this project did require some trial-and-error, but it was definitely worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment