6.26.2014

a fireplace makeover

Going from room to room, my family and I have been slowly trying to update the house. We don't have any major modifications planned, but we know that small changes here or there can really transform a space. Up next is the living room, specifically the fireplace. I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but the fireplace has never been used. That being said, it's still in excellent condition, and won't require any repairs or changes at this point in time. Instead, I think we just need to focus on updating the decor. That means removing those old school photos, as well as the kitschy trinkets we've collected over the years, and replacing them with more contemporary details.

Here's an illustration I created for this makeover, featuring some of the products that have caught my eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment